Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
Are vegetable oils bad for your health? Does the quality of fats in your diet really matter? Absolutely!
Welcome to the first of our new Quick Hits feature episodes, delivering the quick and dirty details on topics that are important to you and your health. In 15 minutes or less we’ll deliver important health info to you to keep your mind active whether you’re waiting in the carpool lane, on your morning commute, or fitting in a quick workout!
Why are industrial seed and vegetable oils bad for your health? In this Quick Hits episode, Dave Korsunsky sits down with Dr. John Limansky, MD board-certified physician of Internal Medicine to ‘chew the fat’ on this important topic.
We’re diving in quick to get you the big ideas and then we’ll provide you some resources at the bottom of the page for further reading if you want to learn more. You’ll get a quick intro into why vegetable oils are bad and why you should take measures to avoid them in your diet for optimal health.
While ketogenic dieting has gained a lot of popularity, it is important to note that the quality of fats is just as, if not more important, than the quantity you consume.
You literally build your body with every bite you take, so take a few minutes to learn just why are vegetable oils bad and why you should avoid them.
Are you still unclear on which fats are good, and which are associated with increased health risks?
Take a listen and see how your diet rates!
This podcast is brought to you by Heads Up Health, a web app designed to help you centrally track all of your vital health data. Instantly synchronize your medical records, connect your favorite health devices and apps like MyFitnessPal or MyMacros+ and use your data to optimize your health!
Click on the button below to start your free 30-day trial. Or, read on for more information about our latest podcast episode!
In this Quick Hits episode, you’ll learn:
- The importance of eating healthy fats, especially while doing a ketogenic diet
- Why are seed and vegetable oils bad for your health?
- What specific vegetable and seed oils are detrimental
- How we got to the point of thinking these were “heart healthy” fats
- Why these vegetable oils are so prevalent in our food supply
- How trans fats are created through the processing of vegetable oils
- How canola oil is derived, and how it was not even initially allowed for human consumption
- How a man converted his car to run on vegetable oils for fuel
- How these bad vegetable oils get stuck in your body and cause damage
- How these vegetable oils lead to overproduction of free radicals and other health risks
- Why you need a 1:1 ratio of Omega 3 to Omega 6 fats in your diet
- Why these bad vegetable oils are pro-inflammatory
- How there can still be trans-fats in foods labeled “no trans fats”
- How these vegetable oils can damage cells and become plastic-like, decreasing function in your brain and liver
- What you can do about improving your omega 3-6 ratio
- What foods are healthy fat sources
- How fasting can help get rid of these damaging vegetable oils
- Man who drives across country on vegetable oil
- Study-Evaluation of the non-aldehyde volatile compounds formed during deep-fat frying process
- Study-The changes in the volatile aldehydes formed during the deep-fat frying process
- Study-Dietary monounsaturated fatty acids promote aortic atherosclerosis in LDL receptor-null, human ApoB100-overexpressing transgenic mice
- Study-Influence of sources of dietary oils on the lifespan of stroke-prone spontaneously hypertensive rats
- Study-Erythrocyte membrane fatty acids and subsequent breast cancer: a prospective Italian study
- Study-Re-evaluation of the traditional diet-heart hypothesis: analysis of recovered data from Minnesota Coronary Experiment (1968-73)
- Study-Intake of saturated and trans unsaturated fatty acids and risk of all cause mortality, cardiovascular disease, and type 2 diabetes: systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies
You can learn more about the Oura ring, a state of the art ring that can track sleep cycle analysis, activity, and recovery at HeadsUpHealth.com/Oura.
Learn more about Keto-Mojo, a highly accurate and affordable device for testing blood sugar and blood ketones. Check it out at HeadsUpHealth.com/Ketomojo.
Learn more about LEVL, a clinical-grade breath ketone analyzer, which measures your level of fat-burning and ketosis through a simple breath. Find out more at HeadsUpHealth.com/LEVL.
All of these amazing products are integrated with Heads Up Health.
They all allow you to quantify your health in novel and powerful ways.
Thank you to our partners!
About Heads Up Health
Heads Up Health is a website designed to empower individuals who want to take a self-directed approach to managing their health. Instantly centralize your medical records, connect your favorite devices and apps (e.g., Oura, MyFitnessPal, Keto-Mojo, FitBit, Apple Health, MyMacros+, Withings and many more) and use your data to optimize your health.
Click on the button below to start your free 30-day trial now!