Listen to Dr. Nasha Winters, a cancer survivor — and thriver! — talk about her work with cancer treatment and her program: The Terrain Ten. Dr. Nasha Winters’ holistic approach emphasizes that a person is more than the sum of their diagnosis. It honors that how we find ourselves with a cancer (or other chronic illness) diagnosis does not happen in a vacuum. All of our life experiences, as well as our childhood traumas, affect how our genes are expressed, and in fact, can make a more significant impact than any one-specific dietary, supplemental or prescription treatment! To be a cancer thriver, Dr. Nasha Winters believes we must take a whole body, mind, spirit approach.
Dave Korsunsky, founder of Heads Up Health, talks with Dr. Winters about psychoneuroimmunology and how the whole body, mind, and spirit are interlinked, and how optimal health cannot be achieved without addressing them all. Dr. Winters also talks about the top five labs that she monitors monthly in all of her patients with active disease processes, and why you should be checking these at least a couple of times a year to maintain your own health.
Nasha Winters, ND, FABNO, L.Ac, Dipl.OM, has over 25 years experience with direct patient care. She is a best selling co-author, a speaker, and an educator. She is the Founder of Optimal Terrain Consulting, offering integrative oncology, philosophy, and methodologies.
This podcast is brought to you by Heads Up Health, a web app designed to help you centrally track all of your vital health data. Instantly synchronize your medical records, connect your favorite health devices like the Oura Ring and apps and use your data to optimize your health!
Click on the button below to start your free 30-day trial. Or, read on for more information about our latest podcast episode!
[maxbutton id=”5″ url=”https://headsuphealth.com/” ]
In this podcast you’ll learn:
- Dr. Nasha Winters’ own experience with a terminal cancer diagnosis — 27 years ago! — and how it fueled her to make this her life’s work. [05:20]
- How our ability to access any information at any time of day can cloud our connection with what our bodies need as individuals to heal. [10:30]
- Why a large part of your survivability of cancer has nothing to do with your treatment team. [11:20]
- Learn about The Terrain Ten, Dr. Winters’s cancer program for achieving optimal health, and how it’s an adaptable framework based on the individual and not a particular protocol. [15:55]
- The difference between carcinogenic emotions vs. carcinogenic environmental toxins and how they both affect cancer. [19:15]
- Why your immune system gets suppressed for a minimum of 7 hours after getting into a fight with a loved one. [22:45]
- How trauma locks people into a rut so they can’t see other options or possibilities, thus driving physiological changes. [23:15]
- About The ACE score for adverse childhood events, and how it can affect disease development. [27:00]
- A discussion of Michael Pollan’s new book and how microdosing psychedelics can help to heal traumas. [30:25]
- Learn which quantifiable measurements Dr. Winters recommends and what they mean. [33:10]
- What the LDH test is and why you should be watching it. [46:00]
- How you don’t have to be a medical expert to track your health and make significant changes. [57:00]
- How genetic SNPs can affect the ability to get into ketosis, and why being in ketosis is not the same as metabolic flexibility. [59:00]
- About glucose-ketone index tracking and reasons why it can be difficult to achieve this in a real-life scenario, but you can still have amazing results with a ketogenic diet. [1:01:35]
- Why tracking your sleep with the Oura Ring is super useful. [1:03:45]
- Learn more about her book and her husband’s work with CBD oil. [1:04:45]
The Healing Platform, by Annie Brandt
Molecules of Emotion, by Candace Pert, Ph.D.
The Biology of Belief, by Bruce Lipton, Ph.D.
The ACE Score
How to Change Your Mind; What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence, by Michael Pollan
KETO for CANCER by Miriam Kalamian
Learn more about LEVL, a clinical-grade ketone breath meter, which measures your level of fat-burning and ketosis through a simple breath. Find out more at HeadsUpHealth.com/LEVL.
You can learn more about the Oura ring, a state of the art ring that can track sleep cycle analysis, activity, and recovery at HeadsUpHealth.com/Oura.
Learn more about Keto-Mojo, a highly accurate and affordable device for testing blood sugar and blood ketones. Check it out at HeadsUpHealth.com/Ketomojo.
All of these amazing products are integrated with Heads Up Health.
They all allow you to quantify your health in novel and powerful ways.
Thank you to our partners!
About Heads Up Health
Heads Up Health is a website designed to empower individuals who want to take a self-directed approach to managing their health. Instantly centralize your medical records, connect your favorite devices and apps (e.g., Oura, MyFitnessPal, Keto-Mojo, FitBit, Apple Health, MyMacros+, Withings and many more) and use your data to optimize your health.
Click on the button below to start your free 30-day trial now!
[maxbutton id=”4″ url=”https://headsuphealth.com/” ]